Endometritis - postpartum complication:
• Infection of the uterine myometrium and parametrium.
• A common cause of postpartum febrile morbidity.
• Uncommon in uncomplicated vaginal deliveries.
• Signs and symptoms: fever +/- chills, abdominal pain, abnormal bleeding or foul smelling lochia.
• Examination revealed a tender abdomen and uterus, offensive discharge.
• Predisposing factors: prolonged rupture of membranes and labour, multiple vaginal examinations, use of internal fetal monitoring, intrapartum chorioamnionitis, caesarean section.
If you want to change selection, open original toplevel document below and click on "Move attachment"
|status||not read|| ||reprioritisations|
|last reprioritisation on|| ||suggested re-reading day|
|started reading on|| ||finished reading on|