The response was probably one of the following:
- False modesty – Oh, my muscles? I just started going to the gym and apparently it’s working!
- Awkward stuttering – Um… you mean my biceps? Thanks… I guess… Um…
- Flat-out denial – What are you talking about? I’m fat, ugly and out of shape. You’re blind.
- Evocation of a deep insecurity – I’m fit? I don’t know, I used to be the fat kid and I never really see myself as attractive or deserving of anyone…
- Direct gratitude – Hey, thanks! Now how about the weather? …
Each with its varying negative implications. Only the last example doesn’t derail a conversation and make both parties feel weird about being positive.
If you want to change selection, open original toplevel document below and click on "Move attachment"
|status||not read|| ||reprioritisations|
|last reprioritisation on|| ||suggested re-reading day|
|started reading on|| ||finished reading on|