Do you want BuboFlash to help you learning these things? Or do you want to add or correct something? Click here to log in or create user.

The abductor mechanism of the hip involves two muscle synergies: (1) the trochanteric abductor muscles (GMed and GMin); and (2) the ITB-tensing muscles or ITBten- sioners [the upper abducting portion of the gluteus max- imus (UGM), tensor fascia lata (TFL) and vastus lateralis (VL)] [26, 32–34] (Fig. 1). Kummer [35] calculated the potential for trochanteric abductor muscles to provide 70 % of the abductor force required for pelvic control in a single-leg stance, with the remaining 30 % provided by the ITB-tensing muscles. The TFL has been shown to hyper- trophy [36] and GMed and GMin atrophy [18 ] in those with gluteal tendon pathology
If you want to change selection, open document below and click on "Move attachment"


owner: musman13 - (no access) - gluteal tendinopwthy.pdf, p3


statusnot read reprioritisations
last reprioritisation on suggested re-reading day
started reading on finished reading on



Do you want to join discussion? Click here to log in or create user.