Overview of Tuberculosis Chemotherapy
• The goals of therapy include cure and prevention of transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
• Effective treatment of tuberculosis requires a substantial amount of time (usually months and in some cases years).
• Mycobacteria grow slowly and can also be dormant. The lipid-rich mycobacterial cell wall is impermeable to may agent and organisms residing within macrophages are inaccessible to many drugs.
• Combination therapy is used to effectively kill mycobacteria and prevent emergence of drug resistance.
If you want to change selection, open document below and click on "Move attachment"
- (no access) - Antituberculosis Drugs September 2018.pdf, p5
|status||not read|| ||reprioritisations|
|last reprioritisation on|| ||suggested re-reading day|
|started reading on|| ||finished reading on|