#5C #Drummelsmith #Pneumonias #Respiratory
• The leading cause of death in nosocomial infection in USA (Mirseidi et al. Clin Infect Dis 2009;49:72)
• Sample of 178 patients with 28 deaths (16%) during 14- day study period
• Mean age 58 years, 65% male
• Leading bacterial causes:
• Pseudomonas aeruginosa • Acinetobacter baumannii • Klebsiella pneumoniae, Enterobacter aerogenes, and other Gram-negatives • Staphylococcus aureus
• Often antibiotic resistant
• New appreciation for viral involvement!
If you want to change selection, open document below and click on "Move attachment"
- (no access) - Drummelsmith.Pneumonias.Slides, p18
|status||not read|| ||reprioritisations|
|last reprioritisation on|| ||suggested re-reading day|
|started reading on|| ||finished reading on|