Endometritis - postpartum complication:
• Infection of the uterine myometrium and parametrium.
• A common cause of [...]
• Uncommon in uncomplicated vaginal deliveries.
• Signs and symptoms: fever +/- chills, abdominal pain, abnormal bleeding or foul smelling lochia.
• Examination revealed a tender abdomen and uterus, offensive discharge.
• Predisposing factors: prolonged rupture of membranes and labour, multiple vaginal examinations, use of internal fetal monitoring, intrapartum chorioamnionitis, caesarean section.