Your Freedom Matters
- Buboflash is written and owned by Piotr Wasik. "We" in this document refers to Piotr Wasik and his team.
- Our goal is to instigate creation of user-authored and free (both as in "freedom" and as in
"free beer") repository of learnable human knowledge, therefore:
- We apply Wikipedia licence for
content wherever possible (i.e. not bound by prior licences). It basically means that all content
(e.g. texts, sounds and images, but not software, and not user activity data) created/published by
users or us (Piotr Wasik or his team) is available under
Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0),
except for personal documents, which are NOT visible by everybody and which are described below.
Annotations created on personal documents may not be available under CC BY-SA 3.0, but be still copyrighted by
the original personal document copyright holder, in which case you are responsible to ensure that
you create and edit them within limits of Fair use.
- It is important that you do not get trapped into vendor-lock in. Our scheduling
algorithm uses relevant user activity data and feedback on repetitions. While Piotr Wasik owns
this data, you are granted right to use it (your own repetitions data)
3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0). It basically means that for example if you decide to stop
using BuboFlash, you may use your learning history in other, even competing software.
- Currently used sources of content, available under their respective licences, not
Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0):
- Websites you browse and annotate - they are owned by current copyright holders and Piotr Wasik or his team
is not affiliated to their authors in any way. You use Buboflash software in the same way as you would
use other internet browser software, like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. As you create annotations
on external websites - they are seen by other Buboflash users, so you must make sure they do not violate
Fair use terms, with similar precautions
you would apply when posting fragments on other user-authored content websites like
- Your personal documents (PDFs) that you upload - you are responsible to use them according to their respective licences.
By default only you can see documents that you upload and you decide who else can see it, but any annotations you
create for your personal documents can be seen by everybody, like
Amazon Kindle Public Notes. Note that even though you can let a friend
see the content of your personal document, he or she cannot download it - Buboflash does not have any facility to share a PDF file.
- For general terms of service, see here.
- For Buboflash Chrome/Chromium Web Extension privacy, see here